Followed Sites
0 new posts
I’m not sure where I’m going with this
I’m not sure whether anyone will read this blog but this is going to be my outlet for rants etc. I’ve not decided whether I want my identity known or not as I’m not sure where I’m going to go with this, whether it’s going to reach anyone I know or if it’s just […]
- Share
- Visit
- 0
- Like

What I Am Without: A Sonnet
A lonely computer muses on love and existence: “You might think that, when Linus leaves the room to answer a knock at the door or to pour another cup of coffee, we, the machines, talk amongst ourselves. You might imagine that we spring into life and caper, laughing, about the room, as inanimate objects do in a cartoon.”
- Share
- Visit
- 0
- 10 Likes

It’s in the Stars: A Reading List About Astrology
2015 was rough, and it feels right to start off 2016 on an optimistic, mystical note.
- Share
- Visit
- 48 Likes

Heels
“I feel sad for the things that happened to her, that girl. She was odd, but good. Odd, but loyal. Odd, and all fire. Unstoppable, until she stopped, unbreakable until she broke.” A writer mourns her bygone self.
- Share
- Visit
- 0
- 50 Likes

Cease, Cows
“Life is short, and so is our fiction.” The staff at Cease, Cows publishes rare flash fiction and prose poetry and looks for strange literary, magical realism, speculative, slipstream, utopian and dystopian, bizarro, apocalyptic/post-apocalyptic, and just plain weird fiction.
- Share
- Visit

On My Father’s Birthday: A Letter To The Man Who Killed Him
A powerful piece at Tales From the Motherland: “If you are still out there, if you still think about my father,” writes Dawn Quyle Landau, “put that burden down. He is gone; nothing can change that. We both need to move on, and live our lives fully and gratefully. To the man who killed my father, I forgive you.”
- Share
- Visit
- 0
- 81 Likes
QWF Writes
QWF Writes is the monthly online column of the Quebec Writers’ Federation, edited by Crystal Chan. It’s a space for creative nonfiction and memoir, as well as for writers to share ideas, experiences, and opinions relevant to its writing community.
- Share
- Visit

I Drew This Thing: Illustrators on Illustration
Illustration Age brings back the popular comic series for illustrators, I Drew This Thing. Here are some greatest hits in this collection, featuring illustrator Mark Kaufman.
- Share
- Visit
- 0
- 114 Likes

The Becoming Radical
P. L. Thomas is an education professor at Furman University in South Carolina. Before his time in higher education, he taught high school English. On The Becoming Radical, he publishes primarily scholarly writing on education and education reform, politics, poverty, race, and literature.
- Share
- Visit

A Douchebag from Glendale
“Like many of these characters, I spent most of my formative years being pulled in two directions, with my Armenian identity on one side and my American identity on the other.” In this personal essay, Missak Artinian describes living in America as an Armenian.
- Share
- Visit
- 0
- 78 Likes
Streams
Lists
Tags
I’m not sure where I’m going with this
I’m not sure whether anyone will read this blog but this is going to be my outlet for rants etc. I’ve not decided whether I want my identity known or not as I’m not sure where I’m going to go with this, whether it’s going to reach anyone I know or if it’s just going to be my little online diary.
As a first time mum I often feel incredibly lonely, not helped by the fact that I am pretty unsociable anyway but BB (before baby) this didn’t affect me. I loved staying at home reading or watching boxsets but that was before i was at home ALL THE TIME. I have ver supportive family and in laws quite close yet I choose not to invite them over as honestly I’d rather be by myself. I worry that my lack of social life and skills will impact on my son and his social skills so I am going to go completely out of my comfort zone and go to a baby group. I have been invited by a friend of my partner and honestly I’m not sure what to make of it as I have never really been friends with this person and being quite unsociable I’m not sure how to be around her. I just read that back and I sound like I’m 12, I’m not I’m mid 20’s! This is what I don’t want to happen to my son. I want him to be as at ease as my partner is with people not a bloody hermit like me.
So anyway there’s my first post. If anyone has read this then thank you but if not I guess I’m just talking to myself (same as every other day then!)
No comments:
Post a Comment